Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tannenbaum


This was our family's first year having a Christmas tree. We've always gone back to Grand Rapids for Christmas, and I haven't felt like buying a tree, hauling it into our house and dealing with maintenance and clean-up for a couple weeks, only to be gone on the day that is the reason for having a tree! Since we stayed in Chicago this year, though, a tree went up. After much searching, I even found my coveted all-blue lights at Walgreens. Of course, that wasn't before I'd decorated the tree with multi-colored strings of lights, so I was briefly faced with the dilemma: Redecorate, or no? I really wanted those blue lights, so I did.


Jonah with my old-time Sports Santa ornament. This was the first (and so far only) casuality among our ornaments. It currently lies in two pieces on the kitchen butcher block.



Manny contemplates -- what else? -- a Handy Manny ornament. This one is his favorite to point out on our tree: "Hanny Manny!"










The children's attempts to actually hang the ornaments were completely futile, but sometimes it really is the thought that counts.


No comments: