Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rogue's gallery

Last year I picked up a $4 box of Crayola gingerbread cookie mix, frosting and edible paint. I finally used it this winter as a way to pass one of our too many cold days. They actually tasted quite good. I tried and mostly succeeded in supressing my "the cookies all have to look cute!" urge; I let the boys paint them however they wanted after I applied the frosting. Gabe's comments were that we had quite the "rogue's gallery" of cookies; and that these cookies would be quite disturbing if they weren't painted by children. Here are Jonah and Manny's creations, in all their glory. I'm learning to love preschool art. Mr Scarf 'n' Boots, no eyes. (Manny, except for the boots.)

4 Eyes. (Manny)


Mr Minimal-Paint. (Jonah)

Half-a-Smurf. (Manny)

Ugh. This cookie looks too gory for comment. At least Manny succeeded with proper eye-placement on this one. (Manny)

Rainbow Snowsuit. (Jonah)

2 comments:

lynn said...

I totally understand trying to supress the "this project has to look good" urge. I have a hard time with that. Can we say that the gory one is an Attacked by a Vampire cookie? Or is that not appropriate for children?

Laura said...

Ha, ha, Lynn. That's so gross! It really doesn't help that his eyes are askew; it really looks like he died a terrible death!