Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Building boom

Jonah's been experimenting with architecture lately. Pop-Pop received a door as payment for removing it, and he cut it up into these blocks as a Christmas gift for the boys, per my request. Since Jonah's life virtually centers around his train table ("Best $30 we ever spent," I thought today), his block-building activities do, too. If I had a dollar for every time that he begged me, "Mama, come look at what I'm making!", I could hire that maid I've had my eye on...



An ice cream factory. Quite a majestic building with all those columns and that height, if you ask me.













This might be "the wash-down" (that's certainly some lingo from "Thomas the Tank Engine," though I'm not entirely sure, as I don't actually watch shows with my kids). What I think is interesting is the second horizontal layer, which has to be balanced by the offset first horizontal layer. It's exciting to see Jonah's skill and reasoning develop to make an overpass like this.



The sheds for the engines, plus some sort of skyscraper. Plus, I think Manny looks really cute in this picture.




Sir Topham Hatt looks out proudly from his custom-made office building. I can tell that my kid is a city kid when his office is a skyscraper.

So proud!


No comments: