Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christmas, kind of, one month late

Well, it's that time of year. That time of year to be uploading Christmas pictures that are almost a month old. In that spirit: Merry Christmas, everybody!


The boys thought Christmas came early when they unloaded my mom's pantry. Bulk spices! Oh, boy! Manny smelled quite festive, actually, when he managed to open the cinnamon container and spread it all over himself and the floor.Manny loves danger. LOVES it. He's much more of a climber than Jonah ever was. At home, he climbs up on the full-size rocking chair in the boys' room; at Gangee and Pop-Pop's house, he had to make do with a child-size chair. He made it exciting by sitting backwards on it. Right after I snapped this picture, he tumbled over off the chair. (You can see my hand at the lower left, on its failed mission to catch him.) I should start taking bets on how long it will be before his first trip to the ER.

Auntie Angie worked hard to make Manny giggle. It worked.












Can you guess what Gabriel is doing in this picture? His hand is by his mouth; looks of disgust and disbelief reign on his mom's, brother's and son's face; Jonah is looking away in shame. Stumped? Gabriel is regaling everyone with Jonah's vomiting-at-the-family-Christmas-party tale. A story is always much more vivid when re-enactment accompanies it.





I like to think of this picture of Jonah as "The Eye of Sauron", but cuter, less sinister, and not ornamented by a ring of fire. Also accompanied by Toby the Old-Fashioned Tram Engine.





Here's my mom, hard at work in the kitchen, acting as if she's not interested in those bottles of wine. Note, I wrote, "acting as if."






Helper Elf and Pup, with Helper J busy at the side.



Manny also got plenty of love from Auntie Kara and Uncle Greg. The Moo is virtually irresistible. The detritus of gift-opening.

Here's Jonah with his own re-enactment. This is a trick that my dad often performed with my sister and I. Do you think Jonah liked it? Are you kidding me?

No comments: