Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Precocious quote of the day

Gabriel: Jonah, it's time to read a story before bed.
Jonah: No, Dada, I want to keep playing instead.
G: Jonah, it's fine if you keep playing, but then we won't be able to read a story before bed.
J: It's okay, Dad.
G: Are you sure? If you keep playing, no story.
J: It's okay, Dad. I had my chance.

"I had my chance"! I find this infinitely amusing. Those words are an echo straight from Mama: "Jonah, you had your chance to do X, but you chose to do Y instead." Jonah did, of course, suggest reading a story once playtime was over, but really didn't make a fuss before heading to bed. Apparently, he meant what he said and wasn't just delaying (Jonah is a master delayer.) *sigh* I'm away from my kids so seldom but always manage to feel that I miss the really good stuff. Oh, well. I had my chance.

No comments: