Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow fun

Gabe was able to take a significant amount of time off of work over the past month, which was so very nice for me. He took Jonah out solo some, which allowed me to spend some extra time with Manny, and his being home during Manny's morning nap allowed me to take Jonah out for some fun in the snow. Jonah wasn't too excited about the snow last year -- in fact, I think that he wanted to get back inside now -- but he's had a lot more fun in the fluffy white this year.









This little outing took us over an hour. After poking along the sidewalk some, we stopped at the park. Jonah (sort of) made a snow angel
-- a snow angel without arms or legs, it's true, but I was impressed by the fact that he even laid down in the snow.




He had taken his mittens off once we arrived at the park, though I haven't been able to figure out why he did so. Here he sees the error of his ways and begs me to put them back on him.




Here you can see Jonah cleaning off the park. "Cleaning" consisted of standing on the concrete lip and pushing the snow off. As my husband put it the other day, Jonah is sort of a "strange little bird." A little snow owl, apparently.



No comments: