Friday, November 9, 2007

Since every other mother I know has a web-log showcasing her adorable child(ren), I decided it's finally time to start my own. This means, of course, that I will become one of those camera addicts, who insists that everything be documented or else feels that it never actually happened. Evidence of this?

Exhibit A:

I dragged my camera to the park this evening just to take a picture of Jonah to post on here. I did not, however, drag Jonah to the park just so I could take a picture of him. He actually spent most of his time on this bouncy bridge falling and laughing, not running.

(Please note Jonah's outfit. This is a favorite of ours, as it is so ridiculous. One might never notice that the stripes don't exactly coordinate, as one is sure to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume stiking the eye.)


There is, however, a more practical aspect to this on-line journal than simply bragging about how adorable my children are, namely, showing the grandparents how adorable their grandchildren are.

Exhibit B:






One of Jonah's new favorite hobbies is holding his baby brother, which we think is pretty cute. Before you're frightened for Manny's safety, please know that my out-of-sight arm is actually supporting our 2-week old's head; I did not entrust that job to my 16-month-old, who doesn't understand (pretends not to understand?) that it's not okay to put his fingers into Baby Brother's eyes. Here he is giving Manny a kiss, not eating him.



Speaking of eating... Left to our own devices (i.e. not having a hot and tasty meal delivered to our door) tonight, the Sanchez family had a fresh-from-the-freezer pizza (which had actually been delivered to us a few days ago--thanks, Katie!) for dinner, followed by... brownie a la mode (don't even ask why we had this floating around).


These are Jonah's favorite kind of nights. He actually burst into tears when the brownie was gone. (We did eat some zucchini, too. Jonah would deign to accept it between bites of pizza, and only between bites of pizza.) Thank goodness our friend Miriam is bringing something for us tomorrow; otherwise, I'm pretty sure we'd end up eating S'mores for dinner. I'm also pretty sure that we have enough crackers and chocolate to make them... who needs the marshmallows?

2 comments:

Corene said...

Aaaaahhhha! Gorgeous children... do I get any credit since I am the godmother?

Kris Patten said...

Ohhhhh, I miss my grandbabies! Thanks for the pictures. I can't believe how much they have grown. Please don't let them change too much between "Gangee visits"!
Mom