Sunday, November 11, 2007

Introducing... Manny!


Here's our sweet Manny (looking extra-sweet in a frog suit sent to him with love from Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa in Iowa; you see that they have impeccable taste in baby clothing).
I do realize that Manuel Mark a.k.a. Manny, or, more affectionately, Manny Moo, has already been introduced to everybody via e-mail attachments, though if you've been really lucky, you've met him in person. However, I started to feel a little bit bad that his older brother (whom we affectionately refer to as "Old News") took up so much of the picture space on the last post. As my children will one day look back on this web-log as evidence of my love for them, I figure that I'd best be equal opportunity. Plus, Manny's just so darn cute!

(Though Jonah's face here seems to indicate that he doesn't agree. But I digress.)




This was Manny's first attempt at tummy time. As you can see, he looks a little distressed by this...










And he had something to say about it afterwards. But at least I didn't face the wrath that he dishes out when he's getting an in-the-tub bath.


Finally, I'm including one more picture, since I don't want to give Manny a big head by letting him take up this whole post. Below you will see Jonah's playmate, James, who lives super-close, and whose parents are SUPER-NICE, especially his MOM (we love you, Katie! Clay, you're okay, too). Now all you far-away family and friends can see one of Jonah's buddies and his love of chips in the same picture. I'm also including it so that we won't all be shocked in a year when our little Maya Baby Jonah is playing with our blonde Vanilla Baby Manny. Seriously. It's going to happen. James is helping us with this transition. (And by the way, I was just kidding about that "Old News" bit above. Everyone knows that we love Jonah more because he's our first. Ah! Kidding again!)




2 comments:

Mama K said...

Way to go, Laura! Starting a blog with two children 16 months and under? . . . I'm impressed! I think you should make it a rule that Gabe's picture be banned from this blog. After all, he's living it up in cyberspace on his "super-intellectual-where-kids-are-hardly-mentioned-blog."

G Sanchez said...

When my kids can discourse with me on Leo Strauss and offer their insights on the books I and I alone enjoy, then they will be mentioned in my blog. Until that time, I expect these next several years to be a game of "wait n' see" on whether or not they earn the esteem of their dad's affections. That's just Parenting 101 if you ask me. Maybe I'll blog about it...