Tuesday, June 29, 2010

White Sox night, once yearly

My boys willingly and happily sit in the back of the bus. It is going to take them a while to understand Rosa Parks. Train platform. City kids.




Jonah with Southpaw, the Sox mascot. I asked J if he wanted a picture with Southpaw. He seemed surprised, but then ran right up to the creature and (as you can see) posed happily. Manny, on the other hand, has always abhorred live and lifesize mascots; he was not letting go of his grip on Gabe. J, in older sibling fashion, talked several times throughout the night of having his picture taken with Southpaw and wondering aloud, "Why didn't you do that, Manny?" (Implication: "You big wimp.") "Next time," Manny reassures us.





(Yes, that's a plastic bag that I'm letting Iohan play with. We live dangerously 'round here.)
To cut down on concession costs, I packed a "snack sack" for the older boys. It was almost magic. I filled it full enough to last through several innings and we faced barely any requests for ballpark snacks. Next time, the snack sack will be even bigger and better!




Jonah's reenactment of an amazing catch that we saw. Can you feel the magic?

2 comments:

Benedict Seraphim said...

These are great. The catch reenactment is priceless!

Kh. Patty said...

Oh Laura. This is why I love reading your blog. My kids are exactly the same about the back of the bus. And I've been known to let the kids play with plastic bags in the bath, no less.