Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adios, Michigan

This, my friends, is the last of our pictures of our summer sojourn in Michigan. True, these events all happened two months ago now, but they are current topics of conversation for Jonah, thus, still relevant.

Everyone knows that no trip to Michigan is complete without hours of playing with Pop-Pop's special trucks. The logging truck and dump truck are Jonah's favorites, while he relegates the white "jeep truck" to "if-someone-wants-to-play-with-me-they-get-this-uncool-jeep-truck" status. These trucks are actually antiques, so Gangee and Mama save their sanity by telling Jonah that he can only play with them when Pop-Pop is home; otherwise, we'd be playing with them all the time. Also popular: The giant dump truck and frontloader in the sandbox. Jonah can play for hours in the sandbox: scoop, dump and repeat.

This activity manages to keep both boys entertained; thus, a family favorite.
Chubby buddy!

This trip to a tractor show with Pop-Pop was quite possibly the highlight of Jonah's summer. He still talks about it in a very particular soft, excited voice that he uses to talk about things he loves. In fact, as I type this, Jonah is telling me, "I go to tractor show with Pop-Pop. I have fun with Pop-Pop."

Question: Was Jonah correctly able to identify this tractor as a steam tractor?
Answer: Absolutely yes.
Though you can't tell from the look on his face, here Jonah is enjoying a ride on a wagon, pulled by horses, if I remember correctly. That is, at least, what Jonah tells me. He still talks about this. "I ride wagon! I ride horses on the wagon!"
And, pizza, of course, is always fun. This day just keeps getting better and better. Watching the airplane show. Because of course there will be airplanes at a tractor show!
Sharing a milkshake on the way home. I've heard about this one innumerable times as well.

1 comment:

lkueck said...

Thanks for the updates Laura. It sounds like Jonah is talking a lot. I wish I could hear him.

We miss you guys.