Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The love affair continues

After I stayed in Michigan with the boys for two weeks following my sister's wedding, my parents were generous enough to let us take their car to Chicago, in order to travel back to Michigan three weeks later for Gabe's 10-year high school reunion (ask him how THAT went sometime!). On our first car-enabled weekend in the city we drove far, far out of the city to Union, Illinois to visit the Illinois Railway Museum. It was, I think it's safe to say, Jonah's dream museum, and we had fun taking a train ride and a trolley ride and wandering around the huge buildings full of retired engines and cars. Driving back down the Kennedy, of which the Blue Line train runs straight down the middle, Jonah was looking (and looking and looking) for the "choo-choo." Before I watched this, I was pretty sure that he said, "Where are you, choo-choo?" at least 60 times; now that I've watched it again, I'm guessing that he asked after the train at least 80 times. We never said he wasn't persistent!
Here we're boarding the train for a "fun" 40-minute ride. Actually, it wasn't that bad (good thing Jonah really loves trains!), but in retrospect, I think that this wasn't the best use of our time. I take full responsibility for this idea.
Jonah correctly idenitified this engine as a diesel; I, on the other hand, had to ask my dad if he was correct. Jonah loves to spend time with Dada.Manny, lookin' cute on the way home. He's such a trouper.

No comments: