Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Birthday, Little Birdie!

On July 4, Sweet Baby J celebrated his golden birthday.

Manny celebrated with him.


These are Lego cakes. Legos cakes matched my two criteria for this year's birthday cake: First, it had to be something that Jonah was interested in; and second, it had to be easy to make. Ta-da!






Enjoying birthday cake and birthday ice cream after a birthday dinner of pizza, during a birthday visit from Gangee and Pop-Pop.



Iohan is as excited about Jonah's new car carrier as Jonah is, I think. Jonah's not excited that Iohan's excited, though.


For his birthday, we bought Jonah tickets to a White Sox game. He was generous enough to include Manny in the outing. Here are the boys in their Sox gear, ready for their big adventure.

Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Denny gave Jonah a baseball "glub" (his preferred pronunciation) for his birthday. Pop-Pop and Gangee gave Manny one, too, so that the two could play together, and so that any "it's-not-my-birthday-and-I've-got-no-presents" meltdowns on Manny's part might be prevented. Success! These days, Gabriel takes the boys out nearly once a day to practice. We're counting on someone making the majors!



This may be one of my favorite pictures ever. Baseball brothers, in boots and undies cheesy grins in place.

1 comment:

Corene said...

I love "baseball brothers in boots and cheesy grins" picture too! That's a framer. :) And...Laura...your Lego cakes are fantastic! I need your tips. I once made a Lego cake that I cringe to remember.