Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Newsy news

In true procrastinators' form, neither my husband nor I have managed to fix our computer yet. Thus, still no photos. Let me mitigate your disappointment, dear reader, by offering you some excitng news: Our family is expecting Baby #3 this November. The precise due date is November 15, which, despite my history of birthing before the due date, is still far enough away from dear Manny's (a.k.a. "Middle Bear's") 2nd birthday that we shouldn't have a double birthday. Whichever other day this child will be born, I'm just praying (no joke) that Manny's birthday will be spared.

The pregnancy is proceeding fine. Per usual, I am currently sick, though now that I've turned the corner on 12 weeks, I'm hoping for relief in the next week or so. My diet is truly appalling: quesadillas; egg-cheese-and-bread sandwiches; the occasional strawberry; toast with butter; and Snickers bars. Somehow I've actually lost weight on this diet, though the trend will undoubtedly reverse before too long. I had my first appointment with the midwifery practice just shy of 10 weeks, at which point we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat.

The boys continue to be a barrel of fun, when, that is, they're not being naughty. (Almost never! Ha ha.) We recently moved (a couple blocks), which they took in stride. Though we're now a few blocks away from our beloved park, we gained a wonderful backyard, with a patio, nice grass, lots of "bioleds" ("violets," in Jonah-speak), flowers and at least three visiting bunnies. Manny, at 18 months, and Jonah at almost 3 years are really starting to love each other, which is no less than heart-melting. Of course, Jonah alternates between careening around and knocking Manny over and calling him "Little Sweetie," but the love is there. Besides, Manny is no push-over; in fact, sometimes he pushes back. Both are indeed my little treasures.

1 comment:

Tricia Hodge said...

Baby #3!!!!!!!! Oh Laura, I am so happy for you and the gang, what a wonderful blessing! I do hope you will be feeling better right quick.

Thank you for keeping this blog so that I may check in on you and the boys from time to time.